This is a review of Serenity for iOS by tap tap tap!
Stop what you’re doing right now, go to iTunes, and download Serenity for your iPhone (or iPod Touch) and iPad –
It’s free for a very limited time! [As of MON 04/09/2012, both apps are now $0.99]. It’s an app I would recommend for your clients to promote positive and calming relaxation. If you come across this post after the Free period is ended, t The app is still worth purchasing and gets the Iggy Seal of Approval!
Read more of this review, which includes a beautiful slideshow of the app in action, after the jump!
Check out some of the beautifully stunning images in this incredible app:
What it is
The app comes with 30 destinations that include
- Peaceful fields
- Soft Rain
- Underwater worlds
- Thunderstorms over sleepy towns
- Brightly colored clouds of incense
- Fantastic vortexes
- Piles of sleeping kittens (omg, KITTIES!)
Serenity has a built in timer to shut off automatically if you want to fall asleep with it.
For those of you with an AppleTV, the visualizations look stunning on your television set if you want to watch them that way.
In Social Work Practice
I have used this app in Social Work practice:
- To help clients diffuse their anxiety. Some of the images and animation (e.g. rushing water, stormy night) draws the client into the scene and promotes a calming effect.
- As a take-home intervention for clients to spend time gazing at the images.
- As ambient noise when I’m writing my case notes.
- As a self-healing tool for myself and to promote my self care when I am feeling anxious.